Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Gage

24 S. Michigan Ave, Chicago IL 60603
www.thegagechicago.com
2/16/09

The Gage is a gastro-pub across from Grant Park. I ordered "The Regular" burger, medium rare with bacon and blue cheese. It was really good, and quite pink (almost but not quite cooked to the correct temperature.) My notes say, "quite good, though not in the running for BBE." That stands for Best Burger Ever, in case you were wondering.

The patty was pre-formed, but the meat was very tasty. They also had "The Gage" USDA prime burger on the menu, for an additional $6. The regular burger, was good, but the Gage was better-I stole a bite of someone else's. Higher quality beef just taste's better. I don't know if it was worth extra $6, but it was definitely good.

As for the accompaniments, the bun was fine, though a little too buttery, and a little too big. I ate the whole burger, but left some bun on the plate. The fries were fine, and came with some sort of curry sauce. Enjoyable, but not memorable.

I doubt this is the best burger in the Windy City, but it is probably up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment