Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fuddruckers

Washington DC
www.fuddruckers.com
2/6/09

Disclaimer--I did not seek this one out. I was out in DC with my brother, Kevin, we'd had several beers, and no dinner, and I succumbed to a moment of weakness. I think there was a lot of nostalgia at play, since I was out with my brother, and we used to beg our parents to take us to Fuddruckers when we were kids.

So, I ordered my bacon cheddar burger medium rare. As I was waiting for it to come out, I started to get really worried. Looking around Fuddruckers in Dupont Circle or wherever we were, at 11pm on a Friday night, I all of a sudden realized I didn’t want my burger to come out that pink. I was praying they would mess the order up. Lesson learned—don’t order a burger medium rare if you are worried about the beef. Really, the lesson should be, just don’t order a burger.

In the end, the burger came out totally predictably mediocre. The bun was too buttery and overwhelming. But it actually wasn’t really a detractor, because the burger was so average. The beef was actually OK. Nothing to write home about, but better than I was expecting. And the patty was uniformly pink, all the way through, which was nice. Medium pink, not medium rare pink. I probably should have taken it off the bun, and then I would have been able to enjoy the burger more. Maybe. I don’t think I will be going back for another burger at Fuddruckers anytime soon. And I can’t really tell why Kevin still likes them so much…

1 comment:

  1. ahh if you weren't the premiere authority in north america on the squishing theory, i would say you didn't know what you were talking about.

    ReplyDelete